Friday, April 18, 2014

Blue Birds on a Branch

Let me start the post off by saying I despise raw celery. I love it in soups but raw?...gag me. I've been trying to eat more veggies, so I cooked up a soup. (You can find a similar recipe here.) I had raw celery left over, so I attempted to smother it in something to make it not taste like celery. Shockingly it worked! I present to you...Blue Birds on a Branch. Terrible name I know, If you have a better name please share...


Ingredients
2 stalks of celery
1-2tbs almond butter
16 small fresh organic blueberries
1/4 tsp sesame seeds

Directions
Separate 2 celery stalks from the bunch and cut in half. Slather with almond butter. Top with 4 blueberries each. This makes 1 serving. Feel free to ignore the measurements and wing it. I always do ;) Enjoy! 

Isn't that the easiest way to sneak in veggies! Plus you get antioxidants from the blueberries, a mini dose of calcium from the sesame seeds, and some good fats from the almond butter. Feel free to experiment with other nut butters!

P.S. I've been experimenting with "no-poo" for my hair and have lots to share about that. So be on the lookout for a future post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment