Sunday, July 10, 2011

Movin' On Up

Did I mention that since we could only afford one Uhaul EZ took almost all of my furniture when he moved? Including my bed? Yep, I've been sleeping on the floor for the past week. It really isn't as bad as it sounds, and after some research, I found out that it can actually be good for your back (not medically proven of course). I figure more than half of the world sleeps on less than a thin mat, so why can't I too. And I am definitely missing EZ and Kahlua more than my bed. Kahlua is probably in Dog Heaven in her new home. She has a backyard with a fence and a new big brother (Champ, EZ's family boxer) to play with all day. I can't wait to see them again, but it probably won't be until September!! Soooo I've been trying to keep myself busy and today I made some delicious comfort cookies. I've had these on Pinterest for awhile and have been meaning to make them...


Brown Sugar Cookies
I halved the original recipe (otherwise I would've eaten waaay to many)

Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter
3/4 c brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350degrees. Beat together the butter and brown sugar (this was a little difficult for me since the beater also went in the move). Add in the egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add sour cream to the brown sugar mixture and then the dry ingredients. The recipe says to bake for 8min, but mine took 12min.

Icing
(this is my all time favorite type of icing)
Melt 1/8 cup butter in a saucepan then add 1 cup of powdered sugar and a splash of milk. Spoon over cookies. I think I'll double the icing next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment