Thursday, June 13, 2013

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm visiting my momma for the week and she has her staples that she likes to bake. While she was working I made her usual recipes for her. These cookies are a healthier version of a chocolate chip cookie, but they are still a treat. Honey is used as the sweetener.


Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup almond butter
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (we gave 3 squares of a 70% dark chocolate bar a spin in the food processor)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I don't like adding extra nuts, but my momma insists on nuts in her cookies!)


Preheat oven to 350F. Mix the almond butter and honey together, then add in the egg. Add the baking soda, chocolate, and pecans, and stir until you have a batter. Using a spoon drop onto a cookie sheet. It should make 12-18 cookies depending on the size. Bake for 10 min. You can check doneness by sticking a fork in one of the middle cookies. If it comes out clean it is done, if its gooey, bake for another 2 minutes until the fork comes out clean. Serve with a nice cold glass of almond milk!

Nutrition Notes: These are meant to be a treat. For some reason when I eat a lot of almonds, I gain put on weight. These also are high in carbs. One cookie would be a good serving size. Good luck only eating one!! I am starting to realize how many sweet treats I make in my kitchen! They're more exciting than steak and vegetables. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment