Saturday, July 6, 2013

Carbnite

I came across something called carbnite on Instagram and after some heavy research, I decided to try it. The basics of it are you limit carbs to 30g or less for 10 days then have a carb fest on the 10th night without stuffing yourself.  The theory is that your body should be running on fat supplies for those 10 days and then when you eat carbs, for 1 you are preserving your sanity and 2 you are able to burn the carbs quickly after being without them for a week. The idea is that   the calories in the carbs get stored as muscle instead of fat cells. Tonight was my first carbnite and I wanted to make sure I stayed mostly Paleo. (I may have had a few potato chips with salsa :)) i can see how this could work well for me because its easier for me to restrict carbs of I have a goal in mind. I'm also surprised by the fact that Im not dying to eat carbs on day 10. Anywho I've been wanting to grill fruit all summer and finally got around to it.


I used 2 whole peaches and 1/2 cup of whipping cream. Cut the peaches in half and throw out the pit. Place face down on a grill (my momma has this neat electric indoor grill that we used). Grill for 15 minutes. Watch closely as all grills vary. You want them to be soft and have dark grill lines. Remove from the grill and serve with fresh whipped cream! We sprinkled cinnamon on ours. This makes enough for 4 servings. 


What have you been grilling this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment