Friday, May 27, 2011

About, Aboard, Above

In Junior High we had to memorize every preposition in the English language, (that was a fun and useful experience...) so know every time I think of the word "about" the words "aboard, above" immediately follow. I wanted to write a short explanation of my blog/an about me. I just graduated from LSU with a degree that I don't know how to use. I also finally finished a 16 year swimming career, yes I said 16. This is the first time in my life that I have been allowed to be out of shape without that dreadful feeling that I will have to return to practice and regret taking those 2 weeks off. Today was actually the first time I really worked out since I stopped swimming and lemme tell ya it was way harder than it should have been. I went to a cardio circuit class at the local YMCA with my sister who I am currently visiting and realized that I should probably start doing a little more than walk the dog a few times a week and take the occasional jog. I've always hated feeling out of shape and getting to the point where my clothes don't fit exactly how I want, so I think its time to get into a workout routine and get back to eating healthy. Healthy is the key word in all of this. I don't want to be skinny or thin or any of that. I just want to be healthy (and not have to invest in a whole new wardrobe). Exercise and diet are the only way I know how to achieve those goals. So join me on my journey as I try to find a job or even better a career while staying healthy and a little less stressed out along the way.

I had to add this picture of me in Junior High with my EZ, who would've thought our paths would cross again years down the road

No comments:

Post a Comment