Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Run Baby Run

I went for a run yesterday morning and tonight around our beautiful lakes. Yesterday I ran what we call the big lake (3.9miles) and by ran I mean I jogged/walked. If we make it all the way around in some fashion, it counts to me! I can't run the whole way towing a 7mo. lab with an attention disorder. Kahlua almost got run over twice and successfully wrapped me around tree, when a passing truck scared her. I love her but she'll probably be the death of me. Tonight I ran the small lake (1.7miles) since my hips and knees were aching from the days before, while EZ went around the big one. He ran 6min miles, so I didn't have to wait very long for him to finish, and I had a little bit of time to allow Lua to walk down to the beach of the lake and chase the geese (and eat they're green poop...yum). I love being around the lakes because they are so beautiful. I wish I had a camera to snap pictures like they do in "Yes Man" Today it was sprinkling and it made the sunset gorgeous and I saw a giant tree growing in the lake filled with white cranes. The sad part is, there is a lot of litter and trash sprinkled around the shore of the lake. I've also seen some dead fish floating on their sides. The one I saw yesterday was the size of Kahlua. I wish there was something I could do to help. My conservation Biology teacher would be proud. I'm posting my Nike running stuff, that I can't live without! I hate not knowing how far I've ran, it also does the pace and calories burned. (Picture from here).

1 comment:

  1. You had that song stuck in your head didn't you? :) Run baby run, run run run run runnn.

    ReplyDelete