Saturday, June 18, 2011

Shoudy Saturday and Mini-Omelets

We started the day off today with another bike ride around the same route we took that Sunday 2 weeks ago. It was 100x easier this go around because there were some nice clouds and I didn't try to keep EZ's pace. EZ accidentally called it a "shoudy" day because he couldn't decide if it was sunny or cloudy hah. I love the route we took today because it's scenic farmland and today we saw one of the coolest things I've ever seen (it may not be this exciting for everyone). We saw a crop dusting plane dusting crops. It was amazing especially because he had to pull up at the last minute to avoid a line of trees. EZ and I thought it was pretty cool and couldn't stop staring, sometimes I wish I could take pictures of everything I see on my rides/runs. I accomplished 2 things on my ride today, 1. riding side by side with EZ and not getting run over and 2. drinking from my water bottle without falling off my bike. I was proud ;) I didn't really see any improvements in the comfortableness of my seat though :( I think I need to invest in some new riding shorts...maybe that's what I'll do with my babysitting money (doesn't that sound really grown up.)

During our ride we also had a good discussion about my iPhone haha. I was able to download an app that tracked my entire ride: mileage, mph, time etc. I couldn't get over how amazing the technology is. I'm probably betraying my family since I'm an Apple user and my brother-in-law works at Microsoft. The lag between the iPhone and anything anyone else has put on the market is the fact that all the apps are made for the iPhone, so none of its competitors can catch up. If only I could design an app and become a millionaire...ok back to the point of this post, a new recipe!


After the ride I tried a new recipe adapted from this site. Mine came out nothing like their picture, but I thought it was good and EZ told me he could eat them every day for breakfast (best compliment he's ever given me about my cooking; usually the biggest compliment I get is when he asks me to make something again.) I decided they were basically mini-omelets. It was really simple, here's how it goes.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and grease a muffin pan. I made two types of mini-omelets. EZ's had bacon and spinach, but mine had spinach and artichokes. Add cooked bacon/artichokes, spinach, and cheese to each muffin well. I used about 2, 1/2in cubes of cheese per well and enough spinach and bacon to fill about halfway. In a bowl mix 8 eggs (I used egg whites, which may account for the different consistency than the original recipe), 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 tbs olive oil (a capful works also.) Garlic salt and Tony's cajun seasoning to taste. Bake on 375 for 17min. I found that a spoon worked best to remove the omelets from the pan. Serve it up with a piece of toast and any leftover bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment