Monday, July 18, 2011

Repurpose, recycle, up-cycle

Repurpose, recycle, up-cycle, whatever you call it, its good for the environment and can save money. As you know, I'm an avid Pinterest user and there a lot of Green ideas floating around the site. I tried out a few and thought they were good enough to share:


A small milk jug turned into a toilet brush holder, a gallon water jug turned into a sandwich container (with velcro to hold it together), and a shampoo bottle turned into a cellphone hanger.

Cellphone Hanger
This is a hack from lifehacker and it is super simple. All you need is a pair of scissors and an empty shampoo bottle (any plastic bottle will work). Cut 1/2 inch from the top of the shampoo bottle off and discard. Half way down the bottle, cut the front and sides of the bottle completely off. I cut the top of mine like a hanger, but next time I am going to cut a circle out of the top so it hangs better. I'm waiting on a red bottle of shampoo to run out so I can repurpose it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment