Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Towel Beach Tote

The week of crafts continues with a beach bag made from a towel. This was another Pinterest find that I finally got around to doing. I hand-sewed it because I didn't own a sewing machine until today!!! and I couldn't be more excited! I have big plans for my new friend :)
Back to the bag:

What you'll need:
An old towel in good condition (mine was free from a Bacardi promotion at Albertson's ;))
A needle and thread or sewing machine
Scissors
Plus velcro


Directions:
I didn't want to use the whole towel so I decided to make a bag just big enough for my favorite magazine. I cut the rest of the towel into smaller pieces to use as gym towels and rags. The thick edge of the towel will serve as the handle, a thick ribbon would also work, or a piece of twisted rope. Begin by folding the towel in half inside out. Stitch up the two sides. Sew the handle into the top corners of the bag (I only used one strap, but two would work great too). Iron the seams for a more professional look. Use velcro on the inside of the bag as a clasp. Load it up with your favorite sunscreen, magazine, shades, and you're ready for the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment