Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Soup

I got the idea for this recipe from a health magazine tweet. I cannot for the life of me find the original recipe.

What you'll need:
2 cups of pureed pumpkin
2 cups broth or tomato soup
1-2 roasted red peppers
1/2 cup sour cream
Splash of lemon juice
1 tbls of garlic
1/3 cup peanut butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper for Heat
2 tbsp olive oil

In a large pot add olive oil and garlic until browned. Add all ingredients except the roasted red pepper. Bring to a simmer. Toss in the peppers. Simmer for a few minutes then transfer to a food processor. Process till smooth. We grated a little bit of mozzarella as garnish. The blending cools the soup off so you may want to reheat it.  Or you could just process the red pepper before you add it into the soup. This was the perfect dish for a cold fall night!! It confuses me that Winter doesn't start until mid-December...so weird. We enjoyed out soup before a trip to see Christmas lights!! Yes I know its a little bit early, but it was one of my last nights in Iowa. I had to see 'em while I could!



No comments:

Post a Comment