1. Microwave the squash for 2 minutes to make it easier to cut.
2. Using a sharp knife carefully cut the squash in half. This is the hardest part.
3. Scoop out the stringy insides and seeds. You can discard these, or separate out the seeds and bake them for a snack (Seeds: add olive oil and seasoning and bake for 15 minutes at 350*F I use foil and set them on the same pan as the squash.)
4. Place the squash face down on a dark cookie sheet and bake at 350*F for at least an hour. Sometimes it takes up to an hour and a half depending on the size. You want to make sure the squash is completely done before you start scooping out the good stuff. It should all be a light golden color on the inside, darker than when you started. If you don't cook it all the way it will be firmer and a little crunchy.
5. Remove squash and let cool. When cooled, scoop out all the insides. All you should have left is a shell of the skin.
Serve anyway you like!