What you need:
4 knuckle bones (it is important to do grass-fed in order to get the most nutrients)
2 celery stalks
4 cloves garlic
4 bay leaves
1 red onion
1. Add all the ingredients to a crockpot, the veggies can be cut into large chunks.
2. Cover with filtered water.
3. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Know your crockpot. Mine is funny and when it turns from low to keep warm it still stays pretty hot, so I have to be home to turn it all the way off and stop the cooking process. I put mine immediately into the fridge, so the fat would settle at the top for me to scoop out.
4. I used a slotted spoon to scoop out and trash all the veggies. All of their nutrients are in the broth now, so don't feel wasteful! I did save the meat from the knuckle bones. I cut it up and tossed it into our lo mien stir-fry. Our dogs got a special treat when I gave the bones!
5. Strain the broth into a bowl with a spout. After it is filtered you can pour the broth into some mason jars and save for later use!
This batch made 3 and half large mason jars. I think my jars are 20oz.