Tuesday, August 27, 2013

EZ Eats: Pesto Pasta

I've been dying to try making pesto for spaghetti squash or zoodles for quite some time. I finally got around to buying some (not so) fresh basil from Walmart. It was a sad excuse for basil, but luckily a later trip to the farmers market landed me with free fresh cut basil! I also landed a free giant sized zucchini. How awesome is that?...

I'm not going to pretend like I measured these ingredients for the pesto, but here are the rough estimates:
1-2 cups fresh spinach
1/4 cup(not packed) of basil
3-6 tbs olive oil (start with 3 and add more as you go to get the desired consistency, more oil is better when making it for pasta sauce)
1tbs garlic...did I mention I love garlic
1/2-1 tbs of salt, be generous for flavor but stingy for health
1/2 cup raw walnuts

Process all ingredients in a food processor, blender or nut chopper until smooth! Chill in the fridge to set and serve of the pasta of your choice. This also goes great with chicken! It makes about 2 cups of pesto. 


We used spaghetti squash as our pasta and I stir-fried some ground beef with mushrooms, butter and black olives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment