Thursday, August 8, 2013

Theme Night Thursday: BBQ Brisket

We have finally made it through 1/8 of a cow! I had to get creative with some of the cuts. The cut I use in this recipe was a brisket and believe it or not, I have never cooked a brisket before! I wanted to make it in the crockpot and after some research found 9 hours + BBQ sauce would do the trick. I didn't want to use store bought BBQ sauce since the ingredients usually include loads of sugar, msg and the like. I decided to make one up from scratch.

I promise this turned out much better than it looks in this awful picture!
Printable Recipe:

Here is what I used:

1 can/8 oz tomato juice (the beverage)
1 tbs garlic
1 tbs coconut oil
1/2 tbs aminos or soy sauce
3 tbs brown mustard
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp honey

Directions:
Add all ingredients to a sauce pan. Using medium heat, stir ingredients until well combined. Use immediately or store in the fridge. You may want to reheat and stir before using.

For the Brisket: Place the brisket in the crockpot and cover with BBQ sauce. Cook on low for 9 hours or until it falls apart with a fork. Remove from the crockpot and slice against the grain. We served ours with prosciutto wrapped asparagus (wrap and bake for 30-40 min @ 350F).



Here's the playlist to accompany this meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment