Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Turkey Meatballs

I'm always trying to find something new and filling to cook while I've been in Hobbs. Its so different cooking for 4 people compared to 1. We had some ground turkey in the freezer and I wanted pasta that night, so I thought of turkey meatballs. After a quick internet search I came across these. I used the recipe as a guideline, but for those of you who like to go by the book here's what you'll need:

1-2lbs of ground turkey
1/2 cup ritz crackers crumbled
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg
2 tbs minced basil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano and thyme
A sprinkle of red pepper flakes
1/3 cup flour for dredging


Mix together all of the ingredients minus the flour by hand and form into balls. In a separate bowl add the flour and dredge each ball in the flour. In a large skillet heat some olive oil. Add the meatballs to the pan and brown on all sides. They should take about 10 minutes to cook. Make sure the insides have cooked through before serving. 


For the pasta I just did store bought tomato sauce and added black olives. We used whole wheat penne pasta just following the directions on the packaging. The meatballs were the best I've ever add, I think because the sour cream made them so soft. 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment