White rice is ok on occasion on the Paleo diet since it doesn't have the same inflammatory properties of other processed grains. I choose to not eat it often because it is high carb. Carbs tend to promote fat storage and weight gain. Carbs are great for endurance athletes, but not for the average person who spends most of their day on their booty in front of a bright screen like I do :). "Riced" cauliflower makes the perfect substitute for rice and its extremely easy to make.
Here are 2 different ways to make it:
1. Cut cauliflower into florets and discard the stems and leaves.
2. Toss in a food processor or blender.
3. Blend until the consistency of rice.
4. Pop in the microwave for 3 minutes.
5. Remove and serve!
1. In a pot of water boil the cut cauliflower until soft. You can also use a steamer and steam the cauliflower if you have one!
2. Remove from stove and drain.
3. Transfer to a blender and process until rice like.
4. Remove and serve!