Thursday, June 27, 2013

Almond Pulp

Once you have homemade almond milk you'll never go back! I've noticed that most people discard the almond pulp after they make the milk, so I wanted some options for putting it to good work.  I've made a fancy almond pulp granola and this time I made a low key granola with ingredients on hand.


Ingredients 
Dried almond pulp
2 tbs honey
2 tbs sunflower seeds
2 tbs pumpkin seeds



How to:
1. Dry the almond pulp on a cookie sheet for an hour at 250F
2. Transfer the dried pulp to a bowl and stir in the other ingredients. 
3. Bake for another 20-30 minutes until golden in color. 
4. Serve alone, with almond milk, or with homemade whipped cream!



Another option is to simply dry the almond pulp and use it as almond meal. I was so excited when I realized this. You could even use it for chicken strips!

No comments:

Post a Comment